Shura Duel Academy
Welcome to Shura Duel Academy feel free to join this amazing academy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Shura Duel Academy
Welcome to Shura Duel Academy feel free to join this amazing academy.
Shura Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fiendish chain vs. breakthrough skill

+5
Dark Paladin
Volpe
Scyl
Kuriboo
Drace The Panda
9 posters

Go down

fiendish chain vs. breakthrough skill Empty fiendish chain vs. breakthrough skill

Post by Drace The Panda Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:17 pm

when building your deck you have two trap to choose from to stop monster effs, Breakthrough Skill or Fiendish Chain. I'll be telling you the advatages and disadvantages of each trap and tell which is better in my opinion.

Fiendish Chain

Advantages
Attack Stopper, When your opponent's monster declares an atk you can chain it and stop the atk (thank you captain obvious). In a way this can protect your monster (if you're lucky) for another turn.
Monster eff Negater, some monsters are just too Op if you ask me so why not we just stop them from doing the worst.
Great in a Ninja Deck, when the monster is removed from the field (without being destroyed) Fiendish Chain lays endlessly on the field, this is good. It's a step closer to Uria's summon

Disadvantages
Clogs up the field, if not in the right deck this is bad because you have fewer spots left for your backrow.
Vulnerable to MST, since its a Continuous trap any card that destroys the trap in the same chain results in the card never fully resolving, leaving it a waste of time.

Breakthrough Skill

Advantages
Double use, can be used up to twice if the requirements are met.
Can activate in your grave, during your turn and your turn only.
Great in just about any deck, that just about solves it all xD.
Better than veiler, due to its "double use" eff.
Chainable to MST, if your opponent is a fool and tries to waste mst on your back row, you can chain this card.

Disadvantage
The graveyard eff can only be used on your turn, which can be bad, since most of the good monster effs are listed as "Once Per Turn".
Doesn't stop the atk like fiendish chain does.

So if you ask me, i would perfer fiendish chain because it's a lot more chainable than Breakthrough skill. If i don't run Fiendish chain, i don't run breakthough unless i feel its needed.

So when you come to the question: "Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough",this post should help you decide.

from magma golem (pyro) form eda i'm getting tired of this Batman D:
Drace The Panda
Drace The Panda
Administrator
Administrator

https://shuraduelacademy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

fiendish chain vs. breakthrough skill Empty Re: fiendish chain vs. breakthrough skill

Post by Kuriboo Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:13 pm

I'm a firm supporter of Fiendish over BTS
Kuriboo
Kuriboo
Administrator
Administrator

http://loganstuff.net84.net/

Back to top Go down

fiendish chain vs. breakthrough skill Empty Re: fiendish chain vs. breakthrough skill

Post by Scyl Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 pm

My personal preference lies with Fiendish Chain. D: It's too strong. Fiendish with "Blackwing - Zeryphrus the Elite", "Mist Valley Falcon" and "Stellarknight Triverr" is too game breaking. D:
Scyl
Scyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Volpe Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:48 am

your forgetting the advantage of Fiendish chain can still target a monster with its effect already negated as your adding to the negation where as breakthrough skill would be dead as you can't negate something that's already negated you can just add to it, so for example if you face a skill drain deck breakthrough will be dead card once skill drain is active unlike fiendish chain. But this is just to add another situation of the 2 cards.

Volpe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Paladin Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:39 am

You are also forgetting one of the most important differences between the two: Breakthrough can negate effects that include the card tributing itself for a cost, whereas Fiendish cannot.

For example: Stardust Dragon tributes itself as a cost to negate a destruction effect--Fiendish cannot negate this as its continuous effect only applies on the field and not in the grave; Breakthrough, however, can negate this effect because its effect applies on field and in grave (Breakthrough cannot negate graveyard effects).

My preference is with Breakthrough Skill.
Dark Paladin
Dark Paladin
Teacher
Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by yamigodlike73 Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:19 am

Dark Paladin wrote:

For example: Stardust Dragon tributes itself as a cost to negate a destruction effect--Fiendish cannot negate this as its continuous effect only applies on the field and not in the grave; Breakthrough, however, can negate this effect because its effect applies on field and in grave (Breakthrough cannot negate graveyard effects).

buuuut doesnt stardust have to be on the field to use that effect soo as long as fiendish is there you shouldnt be able to even activate that effect and send to grave. at least thats my understanding of how that particular trap works though in that senario i think breakthrough is the better trap for the job
yamigodlike73
yamigodlike73

Back to top Go down

fiendish chain vs. breakthrough skill Empty Stardust VS Fiendish Chain and Skill drain

Post by The Dark Rainbow Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:25 pm

You can use it on Stardust, but Stardust can still activate its effect and tribute itself as cost and Stardust will still resolve properly; because Fiendish Chain is a Continuous Effect, it will no longer affect Stardust as it is in the Graveyard.
     That is also why skill drain does not stop Stardust Dragon do to it only effecting monsters  face-up on the field.
    Breakthrough skill will not work in the chain do to Stardust being in the graveyard from its cost so you must use it beforehand which is not that hard.

Last edited by The Dark Rainbow on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replaced the it its with as it is in the graveyard.)
The Dark Rainbow
The Dark Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by @Brandon16 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Isnt there a card that allows you to send a face up trap card to the graveyard to draw 2 cards, so wouldnt fiendish be useful in that sense if u just have a dead fiendish chain on field?
@Brandon16
@Brandon16
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic-xX Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:05 am

Chain all the way
Majestic-xX
Majestic-xX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down